Any of you experts know what these are???

Deez

Reefing newb
I am new to saltwater aquariums. I only have a 14g that has been set up for a month today. I have live rock and 5 damsels to cycle the tank and it seems to be cycled by the readings on the tests. I also have 3 tiny blue leg crabs, a peppermint shrimp and i just bought some small pieces of coral. Everythings seems to be fine so far. But, the reason for my post is that i have these tiny, white, coiled "things" stuck to my aquarium walls. They are here and there, not clumped together. I didn't noticed them until yesterday. It looks like something may have layed eggs or something, i don't know. If any of you may know what these things are, please let me know. Thanks in advance.

most likely sail eggs, also take the damsels out, with that many fish your already overstocked on your bioload and wont be able to put any fish in your tank

Wow, that is a hugh load and for a new tank at that...I would also take the coral out also...by the way, sounds like eggs from the snails.

Those are spiroid worms(because I cant remember the actual name).They are tiny feather dusters that are harmless filter feeders.Just wipe them off the viewing glass.
I'm actually surprised that 5 damsels lived long enough together to cycle a 14 gallon tank.They will eventually start killing each other off.Net them out and take em back to the store.Even one damsel in a 14 is going to be bad news.
BTW Welcome to the site.

Yote is right -- spirorbid worms. The damsels won't survive. They are such territorial fish that they will kill each other and any other fish that you try to add. Better to take them back to the store.

The damsels are only to cycle the tank. I was planning on getting rid of those anyway. I have have them for 3 weeks now, they nip at each other but otherwise seems to coexist well. But, actually i was planning on trading them in next week. So, those are "spiroid worms" or tiny feather dusters?? I do have some small feather dusters stuck to one of my live rocks. So, they had babies or eggs?? I'm confused because they don't move(the feather dusters) and how did the eggs/babies get stuck to the glass? And will they "hatch" or move or just stay on the glass??

The ones on the glass are totally different than the ones you see on the rock in tubes.They come with the live rock,in a larvae stage.Then once their mature enough,you'll start seeing them pop up in places through out the tank.They'll eventually just fade out as the tank matures.The ones that you see attached to the glass are already mature adults.

Back