Any pic's of predator tank set up

Gio94sr20

Reefing newb
I am curious, how many have predator tanks. I want one again but I am afraid it wont look active like reef fishes. In my previous 55 gallon tank I had a few predator fishes but I think that they were missing a lot of space.

Most of the predatory fish require more room with fewer tank mates.But if you like that side of nature,then go for it.

At the LFS I help out at,there is a 380 gallon in the wall tank.It used to have a Horned Mexican Morray,Blue Spot Grouper,and a Gold Dog Face Puffer.There was never a lot of movement untill feeding time,then the tank went crazy.

In a 55 you can't have too many aggressive fish - they tend to need much more room. You could get a lionfish and a Niger trigger (for a while) and a white-eyed moray. I currently have a Niger in my work tank with a white-eyed moray and they are plenty active. The eel keeps about 6-8 inches of his body sticking out of the rocks and the trigger is always active, never hiding. Lionfish tend not to move too much (as their nature is to pounce on their prey) which leads to keeping a big fish in a small tank. Good luck with your choices - but they can be good tank mates. I also kept a blue-lined grouper in with a Niger trigger, but sadly, he got a bacteria infection and kicked the ol' bucket. They are cool looking and don't get too huge for groupers. He was also active for the 2 months he was alive in my tank.

-Dr Marco :sfish:

yeah id say Try a Lion, and an eel or two! but plan on getting a bigger tank in like a year or so the Lions Grow Fast!
keep a Low rock area so the Fish have penty of room to hunt and the feeders don't have much room to hide

Well I was actually going to do this setup in my 125 but I decided on not to. My girl likes the pretty color fishes, I like the predators but also agreewith her in keeping it friendly.

I have a55 with a black volitan lion about 6 inches long, a snowflake about 14 inches, and a longspine black urchin it is about 8 inches dia. all are active and very fun to watch especially the eel just keep a tight lid on it with the eel they will escape I know from experience but its still alive!!

Back