Any point of this?

Fastlight

Semper FI
As most of you know i plan on drilling my tank. Original plan was 3 3/4"holes but ive decided to go with 3 1" holes. That should be more than enough drain to achieve 900gph. Im over at aquacave ordering parts and i was wondering if there is any point to this item? its seems expensive but might help over flow in the tank.
http://www.aquacave.com/detail.aspx?ID=1684

it says 400% increase in flow. so at 800gph coming out of the pumpx400% that would be 3200gph/75gallon tank gives it a 42x turn over rate in the tank. add a couple of korealias for direction flow and i got a lot of moving water. But is it an over kill maybe i should get a Y coming out of the bulkhead and just shoot the water in 2 direction comin in at the 800gph?? What do you all think? Am i making any sense?

Also i dont think i ever got an answer to this. Is there a certain glue to use for the pvc or do i just normal pvc cleaner and cement?

Looks to me like it would increase the velocity of the water.But I cant see how it would actually increase the flow.
All its doing is narrowing the water stream.Dont think I would waste the money.

And just use regular ole PVE primer and glue.Just let it cure for a day or so before pumping water through it.

Back