Any thoughts on Aqua Traders Lighting?

DAvis

Reefer Madness
I am setting up a fish room and have limited money. I was wondering if any of you have experience with the company Aqua Traders, and their lighting. They offer incredibly cheap lighting ($). And yes, generally you get what you pay for, but I'm setting up a no -frills frag tank in my basement. So I was eyeballing one of their lighting systems. The LED's are tempting, as are the t5's and metal halides! Anyone have any experience, good or bad?
Thanks!

PS - on my other tanks I have a Tek light ($$$$), nova extreme ($$), and a JBJNano28- CF ($$$)

IMO, when I ordered my lights there customer service wasn't great. I never received an order confirmation or shipping confirmation from them and then two weeks later the lights showed up. With that being said, I've had my MH lights from them since July '10 and I've been very happy with their performance thus far.

Customer service for me was good, ordered, got here, ballast wasnt working, called them, they said send it back, and they sent a new one, paying for all the shipping and my shipping too. And thats from Canada, im considering ordering again.

I think it's a good product, especially for the money...I've had good results from them in the past. You'll want to change their bulbs sooner tho.

Thanks all! Has anyone tried the LED's? I like the idea of the low maintenance/running cost of the LED's...

Keep that electrical bill down!

Back