Anyone ever regret going to a larger tank?

I think this is a great thread. Lots of good positions on all sides.

Thanks all for the replies. Still not sure where to go from here...... but lots to think about for sure.

I was thinking and the only time I have been pissed off with my tank was over money. My 150 doesn't seem big to me at all any more.

Well also I wish my tank wasn't so deep.

When I went from a 75 to my 125,the biggests EXTRA cost was the lights and more rock.Cost me a little more to get er up and running.But now,It dont cost me any more time OR money to maintain than the 75 did.

Big fish=big tank,i like big fish.I'm looking to upgrade again to an 8 footer.....cost for a FOWLR is not that big of an issue,but then again there are not too many FOWLR folks on here

I have very little regrets on going big.My only regret and PRC and Biff touched on it.Frags will not work,well they will work but it's going to take so many to make it look remotely filled.I'm poor and I have an island reef to fill.

I seriously don't believe I would be happy going to a smaller tank again.

Well...I think I have decided to move forward. I actually am looking at a 150... I am kind of hunting for the perfect "deal" at the moment. What size I end up with will depend on what deals are around.

Thanks again all it truly did help with reasoning it out in my mind.

Ultimately....it came down do this. I have a 33 I filled it to max capacity in 4 months. I regularly see more corals and fish I want to buy...but have nowhere to put them.

My worry that it will look empty is not going to be as big of problem as I will have the proper amount of rock so it will look "full". Yes the corals will take time to a) acquire and b) grow but if I refer to my first point about the 33 filling up to quickly...that might be thought of as a good thing.

Lastly, $$$$ & time. I do believe the $$$ is a lot but I do enjoy it and I do feel I will get enough enjoyment from it. Especially if I find that perfect deal.... they are out there.. The maintnence costs are more...(water, salt, power etc) but that is a cost I can live with.

As for the time factor...I honestly don't think it is going to be that much time....

So now I hunt for the perfect deal :)

i went from a 29g to a 55g...now i can get more fish a more more more corals....maybe in 1 or 2 years ill go with a 125g tank...

I'm actually thinking about getting a 90 off of a friend for a decent price. I'm going to be moving the tank downstairs and it'll be a lot easier to go directly from one tank to the other. I also really want a drilled tank, overflow boxes are a pain. And like others have said, my 55 filled up pretty quickly.

Still have time to make that decision though, currently re-doing my downstairs floor. Those damn St. Bernards tore it up.

Did you ever get the feeling you were trying to be told something...

No joke... I have had a lead on 5 deals in the last few weeks and something has gone wrong on all of the them making the deal fall through.

The first few times....okay just bad luck....but wow...maybe I am just supposed to keep looking.

The problem is the 2 MP40w's I ordered might be a lot of flow for a 33 :)

Did you ever get the feeling you were trying to be told something...

No joke... I have had a lead on 5 deals in the last few weeks and something has gone wrong on all of the them making the deal fall through.

The first few times....okay just bad luck....but wow...maybe I am just supposed to keep looking.

The problem is the 2 MP40w's I ordered might be a lot of flow for a 33 :)

Sounds like my luck.:grumble: Just gotta fight through it.:D

Back