Anyone go to MACNA?

Ironman

Reef enthusiast
Did anyone here go to macna? I went and had a great time, got to see alot of new technology, and talk to all the big name authors. Just curious if anyone here went.

I wish that I would have, have heard mixed reviews though. I will be attending next year in atlantic city. A couple of the local guys went, they werent impressed with the downtown setting due to cost issues. Also the friday night Japanese showcase was hard to understand I guess. Not sure if that was due to accents or foreign language? What was your impression.

there were alot of disapointments, The event had alot of issues with what appeared to be poor planning. and outragous prices for everything after paying $160 to get in. But it was fun to meet everyone and play with all the equipment

I bought a nice gold maxima clam, but didnt buy anything else, there were ALOT of acans, micros, and dendros there. really nice stuff, but I wasnt in the mood to add abunch of stuff

There was a lot of vagrancy and hookers according to the locals, hotel they were staying at wouldnt let them walk the Two blocks to the event. Small town guys basically, little scared of their surrounding.

Dont care for downtown Atlanta myself.Matter of fact,Dont think I would last 10 minutes before getting arrested.

Ive only been to the airport(HUGE!) and the Greyhound station(ratnest) it was definately not a place that I wanted to hang out at!

It wasnt that bad, first off most everyone stayed at the westin which is where it was at. I stayed at the Sheraton which was two blocks down the road. I never saw any hookers! I did however get stopped and asked for food or money at least once every trip to the hotel. I keep a gun on me so I wasnt to worried. but still there were so many cops wandering around it wasnt an issue. Im sure if you went wandering around you might get into some trouble. Me and a buddy got kinda tired of the beggers, so we took at small 5 gallon sample mix of the instant ocean sea salt and took it out of the box, so it was a small ziplock size bag of salt! first guy that asked for money we gave a bag of salt with no explanation what it was, He looked like it was christmas time. If he snorted it I bet it burned for awhile! We ended up telling him what it was! Im not that evil!

As for atlanta being pricey, you would think staying at the sheraton that things would be somewhat included in the absorbatent price of the room, but no. $80 to park in the parking garage from thursday night to sunday. and $10 a day to use there wireless. then there is no drink machines, so you have to buy $3 canned drinks from the gift shop. Its all a market. Then after paying $160 for the event, all drinks in the event are $6 - $7

Back