Anyone know where to get a pistol Shimp

Rcchanlder

Reefing newb
I purchased a Blackray Shrimp Gobi and i want to pair him up with a pistol shrimp. I have been looking all over for an Alpheus Randalli. Does anyone know a good place to find one?

live aquaria looks great but it doesn't have the Alpheus Randalli , which is suppose to be the match for the Blackray Goby. And i dont really have a LFS within 2 hrs of my house. Im sure you can see my perdicament now ;)

BTW.... i love your quote James Daugherty.

you just have to look around just keep checking liveaqueria. just to tell you just because they are supost to pair in the wild does not mean that when you add them to your tank they will pair. sometimes they will and sometimes they wont you will have about a 50% chance they will pair.

thanks that site looks good. at least the prices are low to make up for the shipping. Do you know how reliable thatpetplace is? And i know that they may not pair up. I just thought that it would be pretty cool if they did :)

That Pet Place, That Fish Place is a very good place to go to and shop at they have very good livestock for their prices and i actually got the chance to go there last weekend and OMG.......its the most freakin biggest fish/pet store i have ever seen in my life. My jaw fell to the floor, but thats just me.....LOL

Live Aquaria does stock them HERE but they are currently out. You could ask them to email you when they get one.

I am not a huge fan of Saltwaterfish.com but it looks like they have them HERE you will be forced to buy some coral or something though, because they have a $40 minimum purchase on all livestock

Beware if you do decide to buy from saltwaterfish.com. They say they have a money back guarantee, but they do not. If something gets sick or dies, it is not as simple as they say it is (they say they'll issue you credit for it). They issue credit in a backwards kind of way and force you to spend hundreds of dollars just to use a few dollars of credit. I ordered from them once (in 2007), two of the fish arrived dead, the third died in my tank, and I had to mail them the bodies back preserved in salt (shipping was at my own expense of course). They issued a credit for the two that arrived dead (but not the one that died the next day), but to this day I have not been able to use that credit, since you have to spend a lot of money to even be eligible to use it.

Saltwaterfish.com is a scam. Stay away.

Yeah I don't care much for them because you are not the first I have heard this type of story from, their website sucks, and they don't seem as responsible with their care instructions as they should be.

I have mixed feelings about them. I have gotten both good and bad livestock from them. They have changed their policy about sending in the dead item. Now you can take a picture of it and send it in. You still have to order a crap load of stuff from them to use the credit due you. That part does suck! Biff, I have a credit with them too that I haven't used for that reason.

Back