Anyone use Flatworm Exit?

d2mini

Reef enthusiast
Success?

lg-29832-39796-flatworm-exi.jpg

if you follow the instructions to a T then it should work, but know that everytime after your first it will take more and more of the flatworm exit because they become resistant to it

You'll also need to siphon out any and all flatworms you can see,as well as you see them dieing.
When flatworms die,they release toxins.And if your got em bad enough,those toxins can crash your tank,killing everything in it.

How do you siphon them out? It looks like they are stuck to everything.
I thought it was algae, didn't realize it was worms.

See the red? Oh yeah.

455066147_gRhUp-L.jpg

You can siphon them out by taking a powerhead and attaching vinyl tubing to the ends. Attach a fine mesh bag to the output. That way, you can suck up the flatworms, they get trapped in the bag, and the water exits back into your tank. Remove as many by hand, because as Yote said, when Flatworm Exit kills them, they will all float out and poison your tank. As soon as you use the Flatworm Exit, have a net or your powerhead contraption ready to suck all the bodies out ASAP. And have carbon and water on hand to do a water change and purify when you are done.

I've never used that method for flatworms, but I have used the mesh bag attached to the powerhead for sucking up algae, and I just bought a piece of mesh fabric from the craft store and attached it to the powerhead with a rubber band. I didn't actually buy a bag.

Whatever you use to siphon them into need to be finer then a brine net. I ended up making a net out of material. This was the only thing I could find that they wouldn't get through. Be sure to get as many as you can because you have more then you think. I've used the stuff. Just follow the instructions and everything should be ok.

Back