Anyone with a large tank considering the Jebo WP-40?

cvcdrk

Reefing newb
Everyone's been talking about these things. They're chinese knock offs of tunze/vortech.
Jebo WP-40 13000L Wave Maker

They push a LOT of water apparently. One guy I saw posted a vid of him using one on his 120 with some serious flow. It's apparently equivalent to an mp40.

Comes with controller, can be controlled with an APEX controller as well. Downsides seem to be we don't know how long they'll last (although with that price....), internal drive unit (because ecotech has a patent on the external driver). But has a plus over the Vortech as it is directional.

It's a little too powerful for my tank for me to try, though.

Last edited:
My rule of thumb when I was still actively in the hobby was to avoid cheap knock off shit like the plague. Sure you might save a few bucks initially but when it fails(it will) will you be lucky enough that it just stops working? Will it kill your system? Will it start a fire? Will it kill the poor fool that happens to stick their hand in the tank? Those were all risks I wasn't willing to take.

Chinese knockoff products have had pretty good run in recent years. A lot of people have had a lot of success using Reefbreeders LEDs.
Most of the products we use are made in China regardless. The quality isn't going to be equal to an mp40....but for the price, it seems good.

People who are trying them on other sites and on youtube seem to think they're good so far. Their durability is the biggest question and only time will tell.

I bought 2 for my 150 gal tank and they accidentally somehow sent me 3.
I have 2 in my tank with the variable power adapter I bout off amazon. It reduces them from 24v to 15v. So at that power I have one mid level on the side pointed up on wave mode and the other on the other side pointed downward and mostly towards the front glass to rfurther reduce the power.
Running them like that, I love the flow and would not want any more power. I unplug 1 at night to let things calm a bit. I'm either going to put it on a timer or run it through a controller soon.
Had them for 5 days so far and love them. Huge upgrade over 3 hydor 750s and a 1400

Yeah they have a smaller footprint that hydors. I have a hydor 750 in my 29g right now and I hate its guts. It's so gigantic for no reason and they need to be cleaned so often (and even when they're clean...they still don't always work right).

How is the controller that comes with it? What's your estimate for the min. gph and max gph you get without you reducing the voltage?

Without the voltage reducer you have 3420 Gph max and 1710 min.
If you use the random flow or 1 of the 3 wave maker functions it must be on max flow. That's why you must have the voltage reducer. If I didn't have it the waves would spill out of my tank

hahahaha
Wow ok good to know. I won't be getting it because my tank is much too small....but I've seen some people on other sites say the WP-10 is on its way.....which would be an amazing addition to the hobby in general imo and would save me a LOT of money.

I've heard that these are much more similar to Tunze's than MP40s. Apparently there is a long discussion on RC about them. There's been a discussion on my local club's forum but other than hearing positive initial feedback I haven't really paid much attention.

So far all I've seen anywhere is positive feedback....but that doesn't say anything because they're still super new and people only began ordering them a couple months ago.
Time will tell.

i am not sure on the make , but i know someone here in the UK who bought Chinese knock offs for his fresh water tank , it ran perfect for 3 weeks and right at the start of the 4th week it started sticking , he would knock it to get it going again.
until he went to knock it for the 5th time in 1 day , he stuck hand in water touched the powerhead and he got zapped , he unplugged it removed from the water and discovered the cable was falling apart and water was getting into the electrics.

How many watts do they draw? Just wondering about warming of the water....to me that is one of the key improvements with the use of my MP40.

Back