Anyone with experience doing floors?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Forum' started by wontonflip, Jun 17, 2014.

1. wontonflip

ReeferRob

That floor turned out really nice, I love that dark floor.

I found a local place that sells 2x8 yellow pine tongue and groove flooring that you can use either on the floor or walls. M and I are thinking use that in the bedroom on the walls. I love natural wood inside a house instead of drywall.

ReeferRob, Jul 12, 2014
    wontonflip likes this.
    1. Advertisements

2. wontonflip

Kelz88 Got Reef?

Floor looks great, I agree with Rob I have always loved dark floors :) You two are brave, and time i do something DIY it looks like poo lol. Im more of a point and bark orders kind of person

Kelz88, Jul 12, 2014
    wontonflip likes this.
    1. Advertisements

3. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Hi Kelz! Long time no see :)

We're working on the kitchen right now. Hired my brother's brother in law to rip out the linoleum for me. Luckily the linoleum is attached to a playwood, which was stapled to the subfloor. My hands are tired, though, from pulling out hundreds of staples.

wontonflip, Jul 12, 2014
  4. wontonflip

ReeferRob

Could be worse, we had over 200 brass tacks that the idiot that lived here before us drove into the floor under the refrigerator, lol. I sometimes wonder WTF goes through peoples minds when they're doing a home improvement project. Also in the kitchen, they just built a 1/2 assed island over a hole in the floor. I mean even a piece of plywood to cover the hole would have been nice, not to mention safe.

ReeferRob, Jul 13, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  5. wontonflip

wontonflip I failed Kobayashi Maru

Hehehe...when people lift our floors, they will find little spray painted messages everywhere LOL I was bored, waiting to finish levelling the subfloor so I was spray painting graffiti. Nothing bad though.

wontonflip, Jul 14, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
  6. wontonflip

ReeferRob

While we were pulling off the baseboard moulding in the new reef room I found 2 wheat pennies. 1916 and a 1942, couldn't have been the GOOD one, 1943D bronze, had to be those, lol. For those wondering about the 1943D bronze, it's worth between $65,000 and $300,000!

ReeferRob, Jul 29, 2014
    Aquarian likes this.
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question