api calcium test kit

bwaller76

Love my tanks!
ok so I am using an API test kit that I bought and the calcium test kit is a titration. I know that 15 drops of solution number two indicates 4-500 ppm but what I need to know is what does having to use more drops mean?

Well the number of drops i takes correlates to how much calcium you have. So if it takes more than 15 drops for the color to change, you have more than 400 ppm of calcium.

There is a chart in the instructions. The number of drops used to change the color to the blue needed corresponds to the ppm of calcium in the tank. I start at 15 drops, then start adding from there. I normally end up about 21-22 drops.

I ended at 22 but the test kit I got came along with a new nano tank I acquired yesterday with no instructions for that test... 28 gallon gallon nano tank... test kits ,calcium additive...wavemaker, 17 headed candycane coral, hammer coral, green star polyp colony...two clowns with gigantic anemone, six line wrasse, daisy polyps. All for 100 bucks oooo ya

2011-03-27130930.jpg

I think 22 drops is about 460. But that is from the top of my head, I can check when I get home from work to let you know exactly.

Back