API water tester?

LittleVictoriaReef

Newbie is a fair assmnt.
Hi everyone, I just bought the API Saltwater test kits and I am wondering if they are a waste of money? As far as I can tell, the ppm levels that it can accurately detect are far too high to be of use (especially for ammonia and phosphate). Thoughts? Good for a general idea?

i Think the kits are good, Only ones i have had issues with is Calcium and Phosfates, Calcium usually test really high and phosfates is really hard to tell if theres any change. as far as ammonia, nitrite, nitrates and ph go i think they work fine. and i actually use all those. Includiong KH. Only other test i use so far is Elios for calcium and Salitfert for Mag.

Thanks! I actually got the second kit today so that I could test phosphates and calcium! Maybe I'll get something else for po4 and find the elios for ca.

I'm using them too and for me they're very good for PH, nitrites, nitrates, ammonia. I just started today with phosphates and calcium, but my calcium is apparently really high like 500, but i'm not sure the reading is right the PH in my tank is between 7.4 and 7.8.

I use the API tests and I have no problem with them. Withe the calcium test you should look at the sample from the top of the tube down. If you are viewing it Crome the side the color never really turns blue / purple

Back