aqaurium lighting

bdawg21

Reefing newb
anyone have experience with wavepoint lights? I have 36" OH light with 4- 39watt bulbs total: 156 watts. This enough for 46 bowfront reef tank?.. for most corals

I don't have any experience with those lights, but typically 156 watts should be ok for a 46 as long as your not putting anything that needs high amounts of light...how deep is the tank?

If you want to be ok for most corals you should have about 230watts total

you know, i went back and read some of the finer points about that light, and theres just something about the way its worded that makes me uneasy..

14X Light Amplifying Paradynamic Reflector:
ok, 14X i call BS!! that would be a laser by definition. Not to mention that if that were true, then the 54W bulb thats in that reflector, would have an effective output of 756W, and thats only 1 of the bulbs...

then there is that word paradynamic, "PARA" is the root meaning beside, or along side of, and "DYNAMIC" means changing, so just what do they mean? that the bulbs are changing who thier along side of? it dosent make sence to me.

or am i trying to see something thats just not there?

Last edited:
My LFS has all these lights and they have a 36" 156 watt light on a 90 gallon coner reef tank.. and everything is doing great. and mine is 46 gallon. These Lights project more lumens supposedly.

Back