Aqua c/ lighting

reefkeeper55

Reefing newb
Have noticed that this new Aqua c is very sensitve to any change whatsoever in the tank...all seems to be adjusted perfectly until food is added or water is added and then it takes about an hour for the skimmer to return to the level that it was..I guess this is just a normal reaction to changes in the water column..just wondering if anyoune has seen this...also picked up a 75 watt "squiggly" bulb from Wal Mart and plan to use it on a timer for the chaeto in the sump...on when the other lighting is off.. will this lighting be enough or is more needed?

Thats normal for the skimmer,water density fluctuating-chaeto likes low light in a range of 3000K/5000K the squiggly bulb sounds like compact flourescent should be fine-how bigs your sump/refug?-I have a 20gl sump refug and use 14watts of Led with a color temp of 5000k chaeto thrives also coraline and some coralmorhpians that live in there!

Yeah, my aqua c remora does the same thing sometimes...and that should be enough light. I only had a 60watt over my cheato before I switched over to a small led light fixture.

thanks for the info .....I absolutely love this forum....no matter what is asked someone is always there with some advice ....my total sump is 12in wide and 24 in long and is about 12 or 14 deep..half of which is the actual sump which is 12 x 12...dont know exactlly how many gallons it hold but it really is not big enough for my 150...thats why I went overboard with the EV240...I am also using a Remora Pro hang on skimmer on the back that I was using before the 240.letting both run for now...my filtration is a Mag 9.5 and the Ev is using a Mag 18- also have a Rena 3 packed full of Eheim Substrat Pro that is running in parallel with the sump plus 4 Tunzee powerheads ...tank is cyrstal clear and all parameters except for the Nitrates are perfect...hopefully Biff's chaeto will take care of that!

Back