aqua c pro problems

Melonbob

Reef enthusiast
Last night I was looking at the 46g and man, it's gotten alot of algae the past few weeks. Then I look again and notice the skimmer has not been doing its job. So I pull it out, empty it, and clean the air injector with a little brush (those of you with remoras know what I'm talking about). Put it all back together, and voila! Tons of bubbles, instant foam. Get home from work today, still making bubbles, but not enough to come up the collection cup. Could it be breaking in again? Or is this a bigger problem? Why did it skim great overnight and then nothing again? I mean water is flowing, air is flowing, but not enough to make foam.....

might have a break in period again, but i put a bigger pump on my remora pro when i had it, i had rio 2500, and even a rio 2100 will do good. all remora skimmers pump are to week put something bigger on it and you will be real happy.

I just ordered the Urchin Pro with mag 3 today for my 46.
Hope it works out ok. My sump is short on space so I was happy to find a more compact skimmer.

it should work fine for that size tank they rate them for higher but i wouldn't use urchin pro on anything bigger than 55 gallon, if you have any issues go to next bigger size pump that will make skimmer produce real well.

for the first time in 9 months my Remora has been not picking up much poop water and I think it is because of the algae as well.

Back