aqua C remora skimmer noise

pod

Reefing newb
just got this skimmer and started it. it's pretty loud... the instruction says the noise level should go down in 1 -2 weeks, but would like know if anyone has had issues with noise. hopefully i've installed it correctly. i have the maxijet 2000. i also have the foam contained all the way down.

thanks.

pod

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0003.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

let me know if i should change anything... i'm just glad this isn't in my room, because i would not be able to sleep.

is that maxi-jet resting on the glass? what kind of noise does it make? buzzing, gurlgling. i don't have any experience with remora skimmers, but i do with maxi-jets. if those little things touch anything it will make one heck of a noise. it's hard to tell from the pics. but, is the plastic nipple on the maxi making contact with the plastic nipple on skimmer where the rubber connects the two together? if so it will transfer noise.

I would install a screen on the intake of that maxi jet ASAP.... Fish is right it may help with the noise problem but most of all it will allow more water to be sucked up into your skimmer. Not to mention I lost a mandarin that way.

don't let power head touch glass or you will get vibration, plus your water level looked a little low so your going to get runnin water sound also. i put powerhead on mine works a whole lot better came with rio 1400 so i put a rio 2500. Not to noisy unless you have it your bedroom been there done that so hopefully its in another room other than bedroom.

no, it's not resting on the glass...the noise is more from the skimmer, i think. sounds like high speed water through a small hose... i'll also have to get a screen. i don't need to "skim" my firefish. thanks guys.

thats exactly what sound is the remora is a spray induction type skimmer what it shot through small hole into water making tons of micro bubbles. Sound will ease up some but not all the way you will get use to it and not even no its there.

I've got the same skimmer, set up exactly the same way, and am 10 days into it, and am also a bit bothered by the noise - which is clearly not noise from the powerhead, but the skimmer itself. Hopefully it will quiet down as promised...

it's been 5 days of use, and the noise does seem a little better (or i'm just used to it). i did get the intake strainer... waste material coming off the skimmer is absolutely disgusting. looks like engine oil.

Back