Aqua C remora

AlwaysImproving

Reefing newb
I just put one of these in my tank and I am not sure if its hooked up right. The nozzle coming out of the maxi jet 1200 pump is pulsing. SO far its been in 4 hours and I dont see foam but I understand I have to wait a while. How do I know if everything is working right? Its pulsing and throwing out bubbles.

Theres a knob on the inside, is that to adjust? I don't know much, but I have a feeling something isn't right.

You should have the side of the maxi that you can put the circular grate on inside your tank to suck water in and the output of the jet going into the tubing for the skimmer. Try adjusting the rubber tubing around the collection cup up or down to where the bottom piece of the collection cup is touching the bubbles. Also, fold up a paper towel and put it over the injection chamber. That'll cut down the noise DRASTICALLY!

pulsing is normal when it is first turned on but it shouldnt still be pulsing... and itll be about a week before good skimmate is made but when it does it works like a champ i loved mine but dont like how the pump is in the tank or the big black box to go over it... and would work on my FUGE

I dont understand how it sucks it up like my seaprizm did. The pump is pumping out water? Its been about 7-8 hours and it is still pulsing. Ill post a video of it because I can't explain it.

Sorry. I can't view the vid from my phone, saying bad URL. But here's some pics of mine that I have for sale. Maybe it'll help you see how it's spposed to look if you have it setup incorrectly.
https://www.livingreefs.com/aquac-nano-remora-t20255.html#post227964

The pump pumps water through a spray nozzle creating the bubbles. My guess about the knob ontop of the spray nozzle is that it can restrict the waer flow through the nozzle. Or maybe it can help in creating more or less bubbles. Never figured it out because it never seemed to affect the performance

If you have the collection cup do you see ANY bubbles forming in the skimmer. I'm just worried that you have the pump on backwards and your just burning it out cuz it's sucking air.

If the inlet of the pump is in the water I would think it should be primed. I never had a problem with "pulsing" I just threw the pump on and plugged it in. Then you hear it filling the skimmer up. Not trying to sound condescending. Could be a bad pump???

Maybe Im just an idiot or I have a faulty something. I primed it with water and I think its set up just like in your pictures. I mean isn't it as simple as putting the pump into the outlet of the skimmer? There was no foam at all so I unplugged it for now. I am not mechanically inclined but I think I hooked it up right. AHHHHH

it's a spray induction skimmer, no priming, so not adjustments for the pump.... we talked on my live support and the problem should be fixed.

thanks for helping guys.

From the video, it looks like there are bubbles shooting out from the pump correct?

The outlet of the pump should feed into the inlet of the skimmer. I think you have the pump in the wrong spot. Since you stated you have it hooked up to the outlet.

From what I understand, the aquaC in an injection skimmer. It sprays a high velocity stream of water at the surface of the water in the skimmer. This creates alot of turbulance and mixes the air with the water to create skimmate. Kind of like when you put your thumb over a garden hose in a bucket of soapy water to wash your car.

Brian

LOL, i had the wrong part of the pump in the skimmer. It is pumping now but man, it is really loud. Also I filled up all 3 chambers with water while I was messing around with it, is this ok?

LOL, i had the wrong part of the pump in the skimmer. It is pumping now but man, it is really loud. Also I filled up all 3 chambers with water while I was messing around with it, is this ok?

Your fine with the excess water you added, it just added some extra water to your tank... thats all. As for the noise: Take a paper towel, fold it a few times, then take the collection cup or skum cup, w/e you wanna call it, and place it on the paper towel. That will create a perfect replica of the space over the injection chamber. Place the paper towel over the injection chamber and enjoy the silence. I'll take some pics for you and show you what I mean.

DSCN6009.jpg

DSCN6010.jpg

DSCN6011.jpg

DSCN6012.jpg

Last edited:
Back