aqua c remora

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by adampw, Jul 9, 2007.

1. adampw

adampw

My skimmer has been acting funny lately. I have only owned it for a few months, and about a month ago after I did a water change the collection cup was filling up with water within an hour. I thought maybe something in the water made it act up so I left it off for a few days to let everything settle. Well it kept filling up extremely fast so I did a 50% water change hoping it would fix my problem. Not so much. At first it seemed like everything was ok, but it started filling up extremely quick again. This is with the collection cup sitting at its highest point which should be extremely dry skimate. I have even cleaned the skimmer and the pump. any ideas?

adampw, Jul 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

2. adampw

RigoSharon LIVING REEFS INTERN

what model of skimmer do you have??

RigoSharon, Jul 9, 2007
    1. Advertisements

3. adampw

adampw

I believe that is the model...its the AquaC Remora. Here is a link to the model that I have. AquaC Remora

adampw, Jul 9, 2007
  4. adampw

RigoSharon LIVING REEFS INTERN

ok ..i think thats the one that bobby uses....pm him or wait till he post in this thread...he could give you better info on the problem..

RigoSharon, Jul 9, 2007
  5. adampw

d.french

water additives can cause skimmer to go nuts, move your rubber ring on collection cup down lower on skimmer cup so you get a dryer skimmate. If your not using ro water and you use any water conditioners, or drops for cloudy water it will make your skimmer go crazy. I have a remora pro also, and you have to watch what you put in tank cause not just remora but other brands with foam up real quick.

d.french, Jul 9, 2007
  6. adampw

Bifferwine I am a girl

Yeah, any kind of water conditioner, medication, slime-coat, or anything like that will screw up the skimmer for up to a couple weeks.

Bifferwine, Jul 9, 2007
  7. adampw

bobby I like to do bad things.

No I use the prixim on the 30 and bacpak on my 55. Sorry cant help, never used a remora.

bobby, Jul 10, 2007
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question