Aqua Illuminations Nano Sol

irensing

Controversial Reefer
I received one of the new AI nano's hot off the press. This thing is sick. Aside from the power supply and light brick it also comes with a mounting arm (for rimless tanks) and a data cable to hook up to a programable controller. It has 2 light modules each with 1 bright white, 2 blue and 2 royal blue Cree LEDs. The brick has a capacitive touch controller so you can dim the white and the blue independently to produce anywhere from 6500K to 20000K. Although the touch feature is cool I'm going to purchase the AI controller to handle the timing as well as the sunrise, sunset, moon phase, etc. The optics on this light are phenomonal. The spread is great. The fan only comes on as needed (temperature dependent) and when it does it is very quiet. The only problem is I don't have a tank for it. I don't want to put it on any of my existing tanks. I'm working on getting a 14 gallon rimless but I think this may be too small for this extremly bright light. More to follow once I get a tank picked out....

Attachments

• controls.jpg
    controls.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 835
  • LEDs.jpg
    LEDs.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 756
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 833
Thanks Smitty. I just realized my cousin works for a sign company with equipment to bend and machine acrylic...and whole sale prices. We're going to design something sweet and get it put together. I'm thinking 24" x 24" x 18" with 0.5" thick acrylic. I'm not sure how I want to do the overflow and return yet. Maybe I'll build a wet/dry into it so I can have a 5 gallon auto top off under the stand instead of a sump.

Very cool, this is what I was waiting for for months before finally giving up and going with the Vertex. I can't wait to see pics of this over a tank!

Yea I think they work with other controllers too. For some reason I thought you had a different brand controller.

Guarda, I looked at your thread with your tank shots (nice tank by the way). Do you have any pics of the setup/plumbing,etc.? What kind of filteration do you use? I'm going to make an acrylic tank but I'm not sure if I'm going to drill it for a sump or try to incorporate a wet/dry/skimmer into the back of it. Any input you have will be helpful.

It's basically the stock Elos Mini 20 setup. It comes with a 6 gallon sump. I can take some pics tomorrow if you want but there are tons on the net. Look here :)

Back