aqua traders

mdenny

Reefing newb
just bought a t5 from aqua trader any one ever work with them let me no i will see when it shows up wish me luck lol

:x: Good luck! I really hope they work for you so that I will feel more comfortable when I end up getting them for my tank too :lol:

If you are looking for current users, I know Ted is fairly big supporter of AquaTraders and the Oddysea stuff that they sell.

They used to have a REALLY bad name, however, the more I read about people who bought from them the better they seem to be getting. It's seems they have really cleaned up their act and I read that they're using better ballast for the MH's. Just what I have read though. No real experience with them myself.

just bought a t5 from aqua trader any one ever work with them let me no i will see when it shows up wish me luck lol
It took five days to get to me on ups ground. I would actually track it every night I came home from work. Of course I always ordered mine on Friday late at night so would be processed on Monday I would get it on Thursday. So I guess thats four days huh. :grumble: I hope it all goes well for you. I have been happy with what I have bought and you cant beat the price. As far as a big supporter of them well I was just as terrified of trying them as everyone else. I just couldnt afford to lay out the cash that everyone else is. My mind was made up when I was thinking that maybe I couldnt afford this hobby but I just love it so much. So I took a shot in the dark. My choices where drain the tank or go with less money. I am so glad that I didnt just drain the tank and store it. :D

Ted
I Love Living Reefs

I think aqua traders ships from California, so if it's shipped ground the whole way, it'll take an extra day or so, but if its air+ground, then it shouldn't really take any longer than Ted's shipment

Last edited:
I had purchase a brand new 48" 2 x250W HQI w/T5 HO they call.
For the price, what you get is what you pay for. When arrived the so-called T5 HO bulbs would not stay on, a loose wire.
The ballast were not true 250W and the bulbs were a 15K. I had spend an additional $300 for a Dual Electronic Ballast by Coralavue and 14K Phoenix HQI bulbs. Would not recommend.

I had purchase a brand new 48" 2 x250W HQI w/T5 HO they call.
For the price, what you get is what you pay for. When arrived the so-called T5 HO bulbs would not stay on, a loose wire.
The ballast were not true 250W and the bulbs were a 15K. I had spend an additional $300 for a Dual Electronic Ballast by Coralavue and 14K Phoenix HQI bulbs. Would not recommend.

Is this a light by Oddyssea that your are talking about or another "Cheaper" MH system that you got?

Hmm mine fired up just fine. Ya they advertise that the mh is 15k. Isnt the difference from 14k to 15k just a little bit of a bluer light? I have seen high dollar fixtures with 20k bulbs. Anyway Guess so far I have been lucky with there products.

Back