aqua traders

I think I'm actually going to get one of their skimmers. At least I don't have to worry about anything catching fire testing them with a skimmer.

Well I have two lights, a hob fuge and powerhead to run the fuge skimmer and I have had no problems at all. So give it a try. I have seen on rc a mesh mod for there skimmer that makes it works as good as a much more expensive skimmer supposedly.

i just got 4 t 5's and they fired up just fine i now have 6 t5's over my tank and the corals love not bad 4 140 bucks

I have a 150w MH HQI pendant w/t5hos...it arrived broken...one of the t5ho ballasts will not work...Terrible customer service. They would not take the light back or replace anything. By the time I finally got to speak to someone I had to have the light sent back the next day, which would cost me more then the light itself. Now they do not answer my calls or emails at all, and it has been several months since I got stuck with this light. The 10K MH bulb that came with it was super yellow. I even tried to buy a replacement ballast from them and they just wont have it. I would not recommend aquatrader.com to anyone, biggest waste of time and money on the planet. I understand you get what you pay for but my experience was just pathetic.

We should of made this a voting thread, I've lost count of the score now, I think it's like 3 to 3 or 5 to 4 favorable...:12: I'm lost :frustrat:

:lol:

I tried to place an order with Aqua Traders this past week for a skimmer. They sent me back a full refund saying that my address was "unconfirmed"?! I just tried to replace the order. We'll see what happens... :/

If you want to know faster try calling them. It took a lot of digging but this is their number (650) 872-1993
My skimmer just got shipped today, but that's only cuz I called and bugged them yesterday, my emails went straight to their spam box.

If there are problems do call, when I got my light and was going through replacing the ballast(turns out it was fine lol) everytime I called they answered the phone within 2 rings and always took care of me.....hope ya get it taken care of.

I just want to say that I have been using the Odyssea 48" 4 bulb T5 Fixture Professional since March and I am very impressed! Great lights and I love digital timers included that lets you set the time for daylights, actinic, and moonlights to come on.

I'm really considering upgrading from 4 watts per gallon tho to maybe their 48" 2x250w Halide lights... IDK, has anyone had any experience with those? I seen concern earlier with their ballasts on the Halides... I guess I'm wondering if they got it fixed nowadays or not...?

hey mdenny, how are these workin out for you, i am going to be setting up a 75 in the near future and and still somewhat debating on lights. do they have IRs?

the lights still work fine but i have since replaced my t5's with diy mh 2 - 175 watt 14000 k all built 4 - 200 bucks i would recommend aqua traders to any
one 4 the price u can't pass it up

Back