AquaC Remora Hang-On Protein Skimmer

That actually is a pretty good skimmer. Especially for a tank the size of yours. I used to have one before I upgraded to my 240.

I have an Aqua c Remora on my 55. I started with a sea clo"w"n and upgraded to the remora. It was an amazing difference. Tremendous amount of bubbles and skimmate. I have a fairly heavy load on my tank, and I have no problem with nitrates. I do water changes every 1-2 weeks. I think this is an amazing skimmer, and would recommend it to anyone. I have a lot of corals and several fish, and the remora has been fantastic. You do need to clean the entire unit every couple of months, but it would easily handle your 10gal. Is it possible to skim too much? I do recommend the preskimmer. It really cuts down on the micro-bubbles

100_1097.jpg

Last edited:
I usually stand behind octo products, but the remora is better for his sized tank. And I say that a person who sells both of those products :P

the octo HOB is the same as the CPR backpacks... and we all know how well those work :P

I usually stand behind octo products, but the remora is better for his sized tank. And I say that a person who sells both of those products :P

the octo HOB is the same as the CPR backpacks... and we all know how well those work :P

So the Octo HB 300 isn't any good?

I hear that the Remora's are pretty loud.
I do plan on getting one, but my tank is in my room, and I don't think I could deal with something much louder then my drip tray right now... :(

I've never heard of remoras being loud... and i've had three...

I'm kind of wondering, however, why he's planning to get a remora if he has a sump. He can spend less, and get way better skimmers.

a NW110 (octopus) is cheaper, and with a mesh mod it's a monster for a smaller tank, and an aquaeuro 135 is right there in the price range...

All I'm saying is that Remoras are great skimmers, no doubt about it, but they're great skimmer for their application--hanging on the back of a tank. Sure AquaC makes sump skimmers, but if you call AquaC they will tell you there is no difference in performance in the remoras and the urchins.

Look into an octopus NW110 OR the 4" recirculating for a few dollars more (my personal choice)... I think you'll be much happier with those in the long run, and they are more than capable of following you to a larger system, something you should always look for when starting out in the hobby.

My sump is a amircle wet-dry and doesn't have a lot of room to play with without me modding it a bit. My last octo resurc. had 4 leaks in it, so I thought I would keep it simple with a HOB. :P

I hear that the Remora's are pretty loud.
I do plan on getting one, but my tank is in my room, and I don't think I could deal with something much louder then my drip tray right now... :(

your Remora wouldn't be any more annoying than my DVR in my room, now that thing is annoying. At least the remora is a constant foaming sound.

Back