AquaC Remora

adampw

Reefing newb
So I finally got tired of my seaclone skimmer (piece of junk) and bought a aquaC Remora with the maxi 1200. I got it today and had a question. I noticed there is a rubber o-ring around the collecting cup. Is this meant to just sit around the top, or should it be between the collection cup and the skimmer? It doesnt seem like it will fit between the skimmer and the collection cup.

i used a bigger pump instead of rio 1400 that came with my remora pro i went to the biggest rio pump with same size outlet and made a different bubble trap to catch micro bubbles from entering tank and moved o ring to middle of cup and works great. Instead of rio 1400 i use rio 2500 which is double the pump use a bigger pump and you will see 10 times the results just have to use something to catch water coming out so you can catch microbubbles.

I would think that the rio would look like a car battery in a 29g (prob wouldn't even notice it in the 125 thought). also a great addition to the remora is the surface skimmer and bubble trap. Addictive Aquatics: ...AQUA C SUR... Here is a link to one I am not necessarily recommending the site as i have never shopped there, it was just the first one that came up when i goggled it. this little attachment will greatly improve the amount of skimmate produced by the remora. I think that the link does a good job of summarizing the box.

yeah i got that prefilter box for surface skimming but the pump just didn't seem to perform like it should and that box is just exactly big enough for rio 1400 only on remora pro.

I have the prefilter box for mine (with a Rio 1400), there are different boxes for different pumps; they come in different sizes. I have my O-ring on the top setting, I still get dry skimmate that way.

the other boxes are for mag pump, rio 1400, or mj 1200. i made one to hold bigger pump and now I empty a full cup of skimmate a week.

I thought about getting the prefilter boxes but I thought they were kind of bulky. Being I only have a 29g tank at the moment wouldn't that look wierd?

it's all personal taste. if you think it'll be too big then i'd skip it. the surface skimmer is a nice feature though as it will allow for better oxygen exchange. totally up to you though.

Back