AquaC Urchin Skimmer

matthew1048

Wurd to ya motha
Ok I have a couple of questions about this skimmer. Is the AquaC Urchin a good skimmer??? Secondly, the product description says "No plumbing required, simply drop in the sump and plug in the pump!". The problem is that I want to plumb the pipe that runs from the overflow directly into the skimmer, if that's possible. I'd rather have all of the water run through my skimmer rather than just a fraction of it, so that the skimmer can pull the most junk out of the water as possible. Do y'all think it's possible to do this with any skimmer, and do you think it's possible with this skimmer??? I surely appreciate all of the opinions y'all!!!

Matt,I don't think its possible or I would of seen it done before.I believe it would cause flooding issues.I think the only thing that pops up in my head is maybe an airstone skimmer that doesn't use a pump.Then again who uses those kind of skimmers today.The Urchin is prolly a good skimmer but I have no experience with it.

I think your thinking to hard,my friend.

You just told me all I needed to hear. The flooding issues was exactly what I was afraid of...and you're right...I am thinking too hard...LOL. Thanks for the advice my friend!!!

You can y or t off the return with a valve to control the water going through the skimmer, but, personally rather than that you will get better perfromance with an in sump skimmer, or a large outside skimmer that pulls and returns to the sump. good luck.

Mat,
You might could build a DIY skimmer for your overflow to run through before it dumps into the sump.Have you thought about that?

Back