AquaCave??

PufferGuy

Reefing newb
Anyone order from here? I got an Octopus skimmer from them over a week ago and still havent received it or an email back about where its at or a tracking number or anything... its kinda making me mad. Anyone have any experience with them?

i tried calling but all i get is a busy tone... when you dial out of state you dial with a 1 in front correct?

also im giving them a chance since it was Christmas and all but i just think an email would have been nice.

the skimmer just got delivered today, a little late but its here... anyone have any experience with the BH-100? Are they loud? Should i use the silecer or is it fine without it?

do you know exactly how it's supposed to be hooked up? the picture they send in the box doesnt exactly show it very well. I hooked it up the way i think it should be but it doesnt look quite right. A picture would help if anyone has one.

I cant help ya there.I've not had any experince with those.
Shoot James a PM.He's got an octo HOB and can probably get ya going.

Ordered a Octopus NW150 from them shipped in a timely manner.Pump was bad though so i shipped it back yesterday.Waiting to see what they say about it.Bad thing is i already got $30 in shipping fee's.Will see.

Heard from Aquacave today,they told me that skimmer pump was not defective.That in order to get it to pump i had to blow into the Venturi hose.I just can't seem to beleive that,i mean every time i shut skimmer down you mean i got to blow into Venturi hose to get it to pump.Buyer beware of this Company,there attitude toward me was bad and there not going to replace the pump.Don't be fooled by there Web-Site advertising on returns.I will never deal with them again,burned once but not twice.

Dont think I would want a skimmer I had to blow through the hose to get it to work.
Thanks for the heads up.

Yea,

I know the bad thing is i am out $200.And stuck with a skimmer that doesnt function properly.So only thing beware Aquacave.com or you too could be in for suprises.

That is a semi commom problem with OTP pumps. Did you take the volute cover off and check the impeller? Sometimes just pulling the impeller out and putting it back cures the problem. Do you know if the impeller is meshed?

Yes took impellar out,checked for blockages,rotation and placed back in pump properly.Still does the same thing.Not pumping hardly at all.

that would be gross. i wouldnt want to blow into a skimmer at all. haha. im sorry to hear about that and will definitely keep that in mind. i havent even heard of this company yet.

IMO the water level in your sump is probably to high. The skimmer pump isnt powerful enouph to get the air to start sucking. Could be something else, but I have personal experiance with this.

Back