Aquamedic Turboflotor Blue 3000 help with pic

blazk

Reefing newb
I have recently got my hands on a Aquamedic Turboflotor Blue 3000 couple minor leaks at the return which were easy fixed, anyways my question is:
The plate that sits on the top where the water regulator is, is this suppose to be firm and sealed? As when you turn the regulator to "wet skim" the plate / the regulator leaks out the top.
Here is a pic to help:
P7270082.png

If you push the plate corner down it actually moves / leak water.

Any ideas / suggestions ??

i dont know what to say did you judt buy it bran new? if you did send it back. if not can you silicone it all around the edge

My Octopus external has the same problem. The pipe that control how much skimming also has some water leak out from time to time. It has an O-ring that suppose to stop that from happening. But I guess the O-ring they put in is just a bit too thin. I took it out a clean out the surface around it and also clean the O-ring seems to help. But as soon as I adjust the skimming by turning it a few times and it starts to leak again.

You can try to take that area apart and try to clean and dry it.

Wes: Yer i replaced the 2 O-Rings that are in there with no luck. Im thinking of just putting silicone all the way around the top.. but im not sure if that is the right move..

Maybe for some reason the pressure is too high so how?

You don't want to permanently seal it off though. Wonder if some of those non-curing teflon type paste would work.

Back