Aquaripure

Im calling BS on that.

For starters, if its a biological media, there is no way it can be used for both salt and fresh, the bacteria are too different and cannot live the alternate conditions.

Secondly, you cannot have any oxygen present for the last stage of converting the nitrates to nitrogen gas, that is why some people have a deep sand bed, if you have water just flowing through there, there will be oxygen present and you arent going to be converting nitrates.

Thirdly (?), you should not have to feed the media, it should be feed from the stuff in the water going through it. If you are feeding it sugar water, which is providing them with glucose which is the best food source, they have no reason to work on breaking down the stuff in the water column.

Very interesting LF. I can always count on your brain.

I wasn't going to buy it just in case you may think that. I just fly around the net finding videos and products, haven't you noticed.

I posted a few more vids on the Vid thread I made.

Heh. I can get the same effect with my chaeto (and for others, an algae scrubber). I don't even have to worry about "feeding" my chaeto, as it gets all its needed nutrients from the water column and the lights.

Yeah I know but I just wanted to show the video.

My Chaeto still will not grow for shart. It is the same size for like 2 months.

My Nitrates are 10 but were 40 before I started using all natural Waste-Away form Dr. Tims.

I would not buy this thing either.

Always good to see what's out there, though. You never know when someone comes out with that one true miracle cure for nitrates LOL

I almost got one of those. I'm glad I got a protein skimmer instead... :shock:

Thirdly (?), you should not have to feed the media, it should be feed from the stuff in the water going through it. If you are feeding it sugar water, which is providing them with glucose which is the best food source, they have no reason to work on breaking down the stuff in the water column.

Isn't feeding the bacteria the same as vodka dosing?

Ya it is, but using ethanol as your carbon source seems different that using strait glucose. Glucose you dont need to convert it to get same energy out of it, but ethanol does.

I'll start by saying that I think it's sketchy that the guy posting the YouTube video says right on his page that he's going to remove any negative comments posted. IMO that's not a good sign.

Now, with that said, I think there's a strong possibility that this is a legit product (with the vodka not necessarily with sugar water). The only reason I say this is because David Saxby has a product that looks very similar, that he designed to remove nitrates from his personal tank. Deltec NFP509 Nitrate Filter | Nitrate Reactors | Deltec Protein Skimmer | The Aquarium Solution

Who knows it may work well for all I know.

It may also work sharty.

Maybe he would remove negative comments because he knows it works and doesn't want the usual negatory crowd to de-legitimize his working product.

Also seems like a waste of money to have that stuff made for a lie.

Just a thought.

i was thinking on getting one but the 200 dollar price tag is a bit of a turn off,i would try it without a skimmer,cheato and anything else in the sump to see if it really does work,the only thing i worry about is if it doent work i am out alot of money

Back