Aquarium Piping/Tubing

Discussion in 'Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment' started by Apestyler, Sep 5, 2005.

1. Apestyler

Apestyler

I wonder if anyone could help - I need a UK supplier of flexible tubing used for plumbing external filters such as hydor and eheim as I need to install a UV Steriliser and need more tubing to be able to do this.

I have only found one outlet in the UK which is the Online shop http://www.fishfurfeather.com/plumbing-flexible-tubing-c-1_120_88.html

I would order from these but have had bad experience in the past with long waits on delivery - Will normal DIY tubing from my local hardware store be ok or could this leach chemicals into the water?

Many thanks in advance for your input

Apestyler, Sep 5, 2005
    1. Advertisements

2. Apestyler

jhnrb

cross linked pex tubing should be ok, however, as always i would recommend only items specifically manufactured for the aquarium industry with the exception of the cross linked pex tubing. as for a vendor cant help you there.

jhnrb, Sep 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

3. Apestyler

Apestyler

Thanks for the advice mate.

Apestyler, Sep 6, 2005
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question