Aquarium Water Quality Monitor

wes wortman

Reefing newb
I've been thinking about making a Marine water quality monitor. I found one piece of the puzzle here:

https://www.atlas-scientific.com/

The sensors here have Arduino code and interfacing worked out for the most part.

Just to do pH is $100 plus the $30 Arduino board.

I see many posts for a polysensor project but a haven't seen the completed project anywhere.

Polysensor, Low Cost Water Impurities Tester - Microcontroller Project Circuit

Has anyone else achieved a DIY low cost water quality monitor.

What exactly are you trying to monitor? Depending on what it is your are after, chances are that you could buy one with the money you may end up putting into a diy one. I cannot tell you how many times I have gone the diy route only to find and the end of the project that it cost me more than it would have at my LFS.

Why wouldn't you just look into a controller? On that page you linked I see boards for PH, ORP, Dissolved Oxygen and Conductivty which I believe is another way of measuring salt content.

Reef controllers are capable of monitoring all of those items with probes on their own, this problem has already been solved

Yeah.... PH, ORP, TEMP, and COND are all currently available with the controllers already on the market, plus you get all the other functionality of a controller. What's NOT available is monitors for trace elements. Now THAT would be something.

Back