Aquascape Ideas- Pics?

bur01014

Reefing newb
Since I will be moving tank shortly, I thought I could improve my aquascape some...anyone have a good site to look at aquascape pics or ideas? I'm new to reefing and my tank currently looks just like a wall of rocks...I would like to try and make it look like a real mini reef, w/ more swimming area. Instead I have a wall of 100lbs of LR next to glass....darn 55 gallon seems too skinny!

Yeah,55g. tanks are pretty narrow.Try to make two islands even if you have to break up the rocks.I've also seen people use plastic rods to hold two rocks together to make a cave.

Your best bet is to Google ''reef aquarium aquascaping'' and look at those tanks,see if it gives you any ideas.

Took your advice and googled it....dang, I think the "two island" look is much more suited to me. I will for sure being trying to do this type of setup. (Two islands on each side with middle open) I also like how high the rock goes on some of those tanks....pretty much to the surface, very cool. I wonder how I should position my two korilla 3s now....perhaps put them in the middle pushing against front of glass?

Saltwater reef fish really don't swim in open water. They tend to hug the rocks, where they are safe in the wild. So if you have rocks at the bottom of your tank and a whole lot of open space, you really are wasting a lot of the environment. The rocks in my tank go to within 6" of the top of my tank as well.

Last edited:
You have to play around with the PH's positions to get them just the way you like them.Having them hit the front glass and making the flow go upwards is one one idea.Some people like to have them facing one another on the side glass giving a more chaotic,random flow.

Back