Aquascaping cement

ggNoRe

Reefing newb
I'm living work right now and going to home depot on the way home. I am hoping to do the aquascaping with my dead rocks tonight for my tank which should be arriving in about a week. Hopefully someone can inform me which cement/epoxy or w/e is reef safe and good to use for aquascaping that I can buy from home depot before I get there. :)

Buy the epoxy putty that's two colors and in a cylinder. Make sure it cures underwater. I use one that is gray and white and comes in a tube with a red cap. I can't remember what brand it is, but there are several that will work.

Well I went to Home Depot and I asked someone that worked there if they had aquamend and was told "no". So I then asked him if they had an epoxy that cured underwater for fish tank aquascaping and was told "no we don't have any that would cure underwater and even if we did all the epoxy's we carry have ammonia and would kill your fish and that I would have to go to a pet/fish store to find that".

So I left and went to petsmart which happend to be in the same parking lot. When I get to Petsmart I ask an employee if the have aquamend and got the reply of "whats that". The employee then goes on to ask a few other employees which are even more clueless than him. So I look around the store for myself and low and behold no aquamend or any epoxy whatsoever.

At this point I go to my car and decide that I'll just have to get it some other day online or something else. Still sitting in my car in the parking lot I decide to google aquamend on my phone to see where the heck I'm suppose to find this stuff. I see an overwhelming response that Home Depot does carry it and it's in the painting section.

So once again I go back to Home Depot and just like I saw online there it was Aquamend and in the painting section.

/end rant

Now, time to play with my rocks!!! :mrgreen:

Yep it's not true at all that it will kill stuff in your tank. There are several brands sold at Home Depot that work well for the hobby.

Go to the plumbing dept. and look for the epoxy that looks like gray clay in a clear plastic tube with red caps. I just bought one the other day, $5. I cant remember the name right now. Plumbing epoxy, thats all you need to ask for. Keep the fish tank out of it. You throw those robots for a loop when you deviate from the norm....

Here ya go.

DSCN0502.jpg

Back