Aquascaping

SSalty

Team Liquid Force
Please tell me that I am not the only who thinks aquascaping can be quite difficult and frustrating. I am fairly new to the hobby so I am still trying to get my rock work to look decent as well as planning ahead for when I am going to add corals.

If you have any suggestions or tips regarding aquascaping, please do share.

TIA

Put it how it looks good with the current rock collection. You will have no idea what your next rock will look like (or when you will get it) so it's very hard to plan around that variable.

true ...it can be frustrating...try to visualize how youll like your tank...look at pictures here to get some ideas..buy rocks that has caves , and try like a puzzle, to match the next one with the next and so on..visualize were youll want to put the corals and other invertebrates ..look at the fun part of it...good luck.

I just knida put my rock in,faound a place it was stable,and left it.The way I see it,If I try to plan it out to much,it wont look as natural.

One other question, what do you do with your fish and inverts when you are moving all of your live rock around? Do you take them out, or leave them in?

Ever try to catch a fish with the rock still in? To say it's hard would be an understatement. As long as you are not in the tank for a long time (I'd say over 30 minutes) the stress shouldn't be too bad.

Just be careful not to drop a rock on something and limit your time like Adrastos said.You might want to plan your remodles and waterchanges so that once your finishes moving rock you can do a water change to remove some of the bad stuff that get stirred up.

I've always left my animals in and was just careful about moving stuff around. Fish are generally pretty good about getting out of the way, you just have to make sure you are not squashing any snails or crabs or any of the slower moving animals or ones that might be on the rocks.

Back