Aquatic Fundamental Stands?

Sir Alex

Dragon the eel (below)
So I was planning on doing a display fuge since I have an open stand. I was looking through foster & smith and came across this. I personally like the closed look more than the idea of a display fuge. And with the upgrade lighting and stuff it would cost about the same as getting a new stand. But I have a few questions about them (if anyone has used them?). Are they open in the back? Because my tank has the piping going through the back. Anyone have any pictures? And is the inside completely open for a 30 gallon sump?

I have a similar stand. It is open in the back. My guess is so are those. The smaller stands are probably all open but the bigger ones must have some sort of bracing which could interfere. I'm not sure.

Hmm, well do you think getting a new stand is worth it?

And how much do you think I could get on craigslist for the stand? I have a matching hood. Here's a picture:

scaled.php

And this is what I meant by the pipes go through the back:

scaled.php

You basically have 2 options. one, Try to find some doors that are pre-made and look decent and actually fit. This might cost a little more and be difficult to find the perfect size. The second option would be lower cost (wood and paint is low cost) but would be time consuming and require a little bit of skill and the right tools. If you wanted to just keep it simple you could probably make an extended version of what is already on the front. You could also do something similar on the sides as well. It would be heavy and clumsy though. It's time for a trip to Home Depot with your Dad to come up with some ideas.

You basically have 2 options. one, Try to find some doors that are pre-made and look decent and actually fit. This might cost a little more and be difficult to find the perfect size. The second option would be lower cost (wood and paint is low cost) but would be time consuming and require a little bit of skill and the right tools. If you wanted to just keep it simple you could probably make an extended version of what is already on the front. You could also do something similar on the sides as well. It would be heavy and clumsy though. It's time for a trip to Home Depot with your Dad to come up with some ideas.

So you mean I should try and make my own cabinet door? I couldn't. I don't have a power saw. Only a hand saw.

I've noticed that people tend to recommend home depot. Is it any better than Lowe's?

I really would just leave it open, maybe side doors but the front I would leave.. alot of life takes place in the refugium just keep the front glass clean and it will be a nice addition to the system i would think..

I really would just leave it open, maybe side doors but the front I would leave.. alot of life takes place in the refugium just keep the front glass clean and it will be a nice addition to the system i would think..

I would probably do that if I had the whole tank for a fuge, but I'm going to need a place for the skimmer and the return pump. I think the openness makes it look incompletely.

Back