aquatraders.com-don't do it

bigboy

Reefing newb
I was looking for someplace to get lighting at a reasonable price,thought I found one in a magazine(aquarium fish) I only bought one power compact from the at first to make sure that the lighting was ok.I didn't have any problems until I bought a HQI light from them,thats when it got bad,well about 4 months later when my house almost burned up because it(the ballast) I thought no problem only been 4 months they'll warranty it and they did.Here's the problem,I sent the burned ballast back with the understanding that as soon as they got it they would ship a replacement back to me.Well, at first they tried to say they didn't get,then they they couldn't find it,now 2 wks later they wont answer my emails and I've run out of options,so all I can say is don't do it!If you want to risk your house,fish,and everything else to save a little money, don't do it! :grumble:

Yea I have heard MANY stories from them about there MH's. Also terrible customer service. Wonder why?????? :pooh: :pooh: :pooh:

Knockoffs! Knockoffs!.I had their 130 watt PC light for 6 months than the ballist took a :pooh:,but at $50 it was disposable.

aquatraders

I have to add a comment to my last post, I finally did get my metal halid light fixed and it only took a month to get it back.(ya a month is a long time but at least they did fix it) They replaced the damaged parts and shipped it back to me,so I can't say that their all bad.So as a discount company, I would have to say the products are good.Just watch the coolingfans that was the cause of all my problems. :bounce:

Back