aquatraders.com

Aquatraders use to be known for shoddy products and customer service but they seem to be getting better now.I don't know the quality of the product but it sounds like a good deal....the skimmer has to be better than no skimmer at all.If you do buy the refuge/skimmer call to check shipping cost.I've read on other boards is thats were they get you.

the only problem i see is that a fuge normally has a super slow turnover rate.( or a least it should) that will limit the amount of water getting exposed to the skimmer. where if it's hang on or in sump it's getting the proper amount of water exposure to allow for a more effecient skimming.

I agree with Fish.
I dont think that with slow flow rates that you'd want in a fuge,that you would get any benefit from that skimmer.
I Think it would be good for your system as whole in the long run though,because of the fuge itself.

If you have to choose between a refuge with skimmer (cheepo) or a decent skimmer for your tank (middle of the road or better) Id have to recommend the latter. If the cheap stuff worked well then the more expensive stuff would be out of business. so buyer beware. a refuge is a place for slow water and settlement for food production or nutrient export. the skimmer defeats the purpose to some extent, although the refuge would increase your total water volume. so there are pros and cons on every piece of equipment. Hope I did not muddy the waters more. good luck.

Back