Aquavitro Salinity

That's a really high price to pay for salt IMO/

It's one of the higher priced buckets, but it mixes at a much higher salinity than all the other salts so it's really not bad.
I'm in the middle of my first bucket. So far so good.

If you read the link Rda posted, you only get an extra 25g of salt water out of the bucket, that's not a big difference then.

I haven't done scientific tests, but instead of needing 20-something cups of salt to mix up my normal batch, I'm using about 18 cups of salt. It's a noticeable difference. I'm not saying it's cheap, but it's not the most expensive either.

No I got it right this time. Its the one that sits in the middle of his living room, has the light suspended from the ceiling and the sump below it. If I remember correctly he also has a plexiglass (or something like it) on the stand that matches the glass tile in his kitchen.

No I got it right this time. Its the one that sits in the middle of his living room, has the light suspended from the ceiling and the sump below it. If I remember correctly he also has a plexiglass (or something like it) on the stand that matches the glass tile in his kitchen.

No, not you ... Texreefer mentioned something in two threads about Dennis's tank being imaginary.

Copper is okay in small amounts. Look at some of the additives for coral reef tanks. They will have a little copper in them. Not much but just a little.

I purchases a 225 gallon bucket for $55. I don't think that's a bad price for 225 gallons for a good salt mix. Every batch has it's own individual stats. Mine for copper was ... 0.0030.

I'm usee to Oceanic Natural Sea Salt Mix which really isn't meant for reef tanks. So I made the switch. Comparing the two, Oceanic does dissolve really fast, but you always have to adjust the water before you put it in your tank (pH, Ca and Ak).
With Salinity I didn't have to adjust anything which was a nice change of pace. Salinity does take longer to dissolve, but only minutes longer. So far I like it a lot better. I'll keep you posted with water changes and see if there's a long term difference.

I've been using aquavitro salinity, and I like it so far. The bucket is really dang heavy though... sort of wish they'd made it in the "normal" 5 gallon size, although having a new bucket size/shape is a side benefit

Back