Are Nite-Vu LED's important

MissNano

Reefing newb
I have recently put my lights on a timer, and my nite-Vu LED's turn off as well. Do i need to keep these on for any reason ?

No. They are only for you really. :)
We are just starting to dip into the effects of simulated moon light and the effects it has on a reef tank.

I say why not. Adding some nocturnal lighting is just creating a more realistic lighting cycle. Isn't that what we want? To recreate nature at home.

We are just starting to dip into the effects of simulated moon light and the effects it has on a reef tank.

I say why not. Adding some nocturnal lighting is just creating a more realistic lighting cycle. Isn't that what we want? To recreate nature at home.

I think the subject is moving away from the moonlight and more towards the effects of he moon itself, ie. Gravitational pull and so forth but, like you said this is a fairly new topic so it could all affect the life in the reef

I think the subject is moving away from the moonlight and more towards the effects of he moon itself, ie. Gravitational pull and so forth but, like you said this is a fairly new topic so it could all affect the life in the reef

There is no doubt the gravitational pull has effect on pretty much every living thing. Hunters know this all to well, moon phases play a big role in animal movement and habits.

Along the same lines the brightness of the moon will effect what animals do as wel. Many day creatures will venture out at night when the moon is bright or full. I have to believe this would have an impact on a reef system as well.

Either way the moon lighting looks cool..:mrgreen:

Back