Are these flat worms of some kind?

PsiStar

Reefing newb
Very difficult to get focused well and this is one of the best pics. These are ~1/8" long.

Wife bought a lot of pods from reefs2go and I bought plants from aquacon about the same time. This is in the 50 gal refugium. I am pretty sure that these came with the pods. One of my fish guys said they are flat worms, but I am not finding anything quite like these online. They have been stuck to the glass in low flow areas, top to bottom, since I put the pods in.

Attachments

• 20130715_153944.jpg
    20130715_153944.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 723
Definitely red planaria flatworms....siphon out all you can and consider FW Exit, but carefully consider the instructions....get the charcoal ready because if you see a few you have many and they give off a toxin when they die....

realize that if you do this wrong they will nuke all your fish...that's why I emphasized being ready when you start.....

MANY clear flatworms eat corals...I don't trust any of the little bastiches every since my experience with AEFW....ALWAYS dip and quarantene ALL corals....

I just squish the ones in my sump. I dont think theyll make it threw my pump but you never know. It is so peaceful to go in the basement and squish flatworms! Its a challenge! +1 smitty

Don't squish too many at once mario....they are still giving off those aforementioned toxins....even if squished instead of bombed....

I don't think those red planaria. There is a flat worm that's relatively harmless. I'd get a six line wrasse. Cool fish and constant picker. Blue damsels may as well.

Back