Are these Lights good?

Got them today. They are very nice. There is no lens over the bulbs so I will have to fit one but thats okay. They have only one power cord and two on/off switches so you can run four bulbs at a time if you want. I am at work so I will try to post pictures when I get home tonight.

Great :0) cant wait to see the pics, How or where do you get a cover for the bulbs?

My neighbor works for a glass shop. I will see what he can come up with.:D. If all else fails I will pick up some lexan or acrylic sheet and fit it.

Crapy cell phone pics

1216081905.jpg

1216081907.jpg

1216081910.jpg

How many watts are they?

54 watt each light. here is what they say about the lights

* Note: Price displayed above includes oversize shipping charge.

Four TRU 10,000K and four TRU Actinic T5 lamps are included with the fixture for FREE! The above selections are for additional lamps.

Item Code: 614888

48" 8 Lamp T5 Unit

T5 is quite possibly the future of aquarium lighting. T5 efficiency matched with the output they produce is hard to beat. Our T5 units are made using the highest quality materials and accessories available. Housed in a sleek looking black enclosure they are great looking as well.

Features:
* Individual parabolic aluminum reflectors create up to three times more output
* Clean black powder-coat finish
* Enclosed electronic ballasts
* 4-TRU actinic and 4-TRU 10,000K T-5 HO lamps are included
* Adjustable cable hanging system available
* Venting System allows maximum air flow for cool operation
* Compatible with all T5 HO lamp brands
* Two On/Off Switches
* Dimensions: 48"x19"x2.5"

thanks i might have to order a set, even though i only have a 29g but i know i will eventually upgrade to a bigger tank:)

There is a smaller one for $125

* Note: Two TRU 10,000K and two TRU Actinic T5 lamps are included with the fixture for FREE! The above selections are for additional lamps.

Item Code: 612424

T5 is quite possibly the future of aquarium lighting. T5 efficiency matched with the output they produce is hard to beat. Our T5 units are made using the highest quality materials and accessories available. Housed in a sleek looking black enclosure they are great looking as well.

Features:
* Individual parabolic aluminum reflectors create up to three times more output
* Clean black powder-coat finish
* Enclosed electronic ballasts
* 2-TRU actinic and 2-TRU 10,000K T-5 HO lamps are included
* Adjustable cable hanging system available
* Venting System allows maximum air flow for cool operation
* Compatible with all T5 HO lamp brands
* On/Off Switch
* Dimensions: 24"x11"x2.5"

Back