are these lights ok

The Tek 6 bulb T5-HO fixture someone linked to earlier will be your best bet.You will be unlimited but certain high light corals(SPS) will need to be on the rocks about halfway up or about 18'' from the surface.A better option is MH(2x250w) which will penetrate a deep tank better but I know of no good quality fixture even close to $500.

Don't go by wpg when shopping for a T5-HO fixture.You need at least 6 banks of bulbs with individual reflectors to get the penetration(tehe,I said....)for a deep tank like your 120.

BTW,what is the dimensions?Is it 5 feet long or 4?

its 4' long and you said penetration hahah but i found a t-5 on ebay that is 12x54 watts and includes all the bulbs plus moonlights for 500 exactly

Link to the lights here.Most of fixtures from Ebay are chinese knockoffs that maybe a fire hazard,workmanships might be shoddy and customer service might be lacking,especially if something breaks.Personally,I would never never buy something as fragile as a light fixture from Ebay.

Last edited:
All the specs are there when shopping for a fixture-individual reflectors,made in the USA,bulbs included.

If you trust the company,seller than go for it.On paper it looks good,still I'm leary of off brands and Ebay in general.

Back