Are wavemakers worth the money?

Angelajean

I know that I don't know
Hi
I have 2 hydro koralia 1050 pumps in my 90. My son and I were reading our marine biology textbook and discussing currents and tides in the ocean and reef areas. This brought us to the question if wavemakers are a good idea. Or perhaps having a time during the night where the pumps are off.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience?

In our tank, we have mostly soft polyp corals, zoas, mushrooms, long polyp toadstools, GSP, tree leather, finger leather, hammer, torch and 1 montipora capricornis.

Thanks for any help.

Hi
I have 2 hydro koralia 1050 pumps in my 90. My son and I were reading our marine biology textbook and discussing currents and tides in the ocean and reef areas. This brought us to the question if wavemakers are a good idea. Or perhaps having a time during the night where the pumps are off.

Does anyone have an opinion or experience?

In our tank, we have mostly soft polyp corals, zoas, mushrooms, long polyp toadstools, GSP, tree leather, finger leather, hammer, torch and 1 montipora capricornis.

Thanks for any help.

which one have you decided on?

i had the hydro koralia wave maker on my tank all it seemed to do is turn
my pump in reverse. now i just keep the 2 1050 pumps aimed down
and 2 aimed up

i had the hydro koralia wave maker on my tank all it seemed to do is turn
my pump in reverse. now i just keep the 2 1050 pumps aimed down
and 2 aimed up

Yes, those are crap, very common issue. The ones with a single pump that can actually makes waves are the good ones. Vortech eco smart system would be more accurate.

Back