Aries85's RSM 35

We are defiantly going to try to wait it out before waging out right war on it. So think we might stop by the LFS and look at some fish tonight and decide on what we want to put in first. I think she wants a Goby but we will see when we get to the store today.

Well we added our first fish yesterday. It was a Yellow Watchman Goby, and we have named him Spot. We still have some algae in the tank if you can see it in the picture. I think its diatom algae, its kind of a brownish color. Here is a pic of the tank and our 1st fish Spot.

103_0857.jpg

103_0878.jpg

Thanks for all the comments people. Well after we put him in the tank and he setteled to the bottom he started acting agressive towards his reflection. I don't know if he was trying to figure out if it was another fish or what but thats what it looked like to me.

I took some readings today and everything is normal with him in there. Only thing is this damn algae that still on the bottom of our tank. I have to siphon out an ass load of substrate to get it out.

If I take out too much substrate could I add some more in later without distrubing any of the inhabitants?

Another quick question is we are feeding our fish frozen food. Should you let the cube dissolve in some water 1st or just put in the cube and let it dissolve in the tank?

I would stop removing substrate. You are removing the bacteria that process the fish waste. Just let the algae take its course.

Thaw out the frozen cube in a cup of water first.

Ok will do Biff. I did not clean anything yet so we will just let the algae take the course. Thanks for the info. Now off to our LFS to check out the huge mega sale.

Your gonna have a few algae and cyano outbreaks.Just keep up the water changes,and one morning you'll wake up and and the algae will be all gone.

cool fish. I like the yellow watchman much more than the diamond watchman. I wish I got the yellow instead. but, you never see them at my lfs.

Well he was a little hard to find. We went to 3 stores before we found someone who had him. Another note some of the store in the PA/NJ area were having a big sale today. 50% off all fish and 30% off all corals and 20% off all supplies. So why I was out I picked up some things today. Got 2 skunk cleaner shrimp for $15, and got 3 frags from $20-$40. I stopped by another store and picked up another frag for $30. So today here are the pics:

Zoa:
103_0913.jpg

Pulsing PomPomp Xenia:
103_0914.jpg

Kenya Tree:
103_0919.jpg

Also got a frogspawn,but as you can see I have tons of microbubbles I am trying to get rid of that are just making my pics horrible.

I would do a tank shot but I have to many damn microbubles in it right now. Anyone have any suggestion how to get rid of them? I mean they are really bad to point were it looks like snow in the tank. I know its microbubles from the protein skimmer, as they go away when its off. Any ideas?

Thanks Freak for that. The guy at store was little confused to what it was. He thought it was a Colt but was not sure. We tried to id, but we were stuck actually between which one it was.

what kind of skimmer was it? how long has it been running? many skimmers will make excess bubbles during their "break in" period. this may take a week or two.

Yeah its been running for about 2 weeks now. Its the one that came with the tank, So I would assume Red Sea one. It works nicely as it skims alot of junk out, but just makes to many damn bubbles.

Back