Aries85's RSM 35

So a quick question for anyone. So I have 2 of my snails and one is releasing say something small and little from its side. They look like little circles, and I also have another that is also releasing something from his side. Well lets just say it looks like a thick milky substance. :wink: I just want to see if it is what I think it is. Is it possible that our snails may be fertilizing eggs? Sorry couldnt get any pics, but I did not have a camera on me.

So I finally got some pics of my new Hogfish. It's really hard to get a good pic of him because he will not sit still long enough. I did manage to get a decent shot of him. Also, over the weekend we picked up a Bicolor Pseudo, and some new corals. We now have a finger leather, and a brain coral in the tank now. Now, we have just one more fish to add then we are done with the fish because thats all we have room for. Also, I am starting to gather funds for our next tank. Hehe damn addictive hobby.

Yellow (Candy) (Twospot) Hogfish:
103_1102.jpg

103_1102.jpg

White Finger Leather:
103_1103.jpg
103_1103.jpg

Brain Coral:
103_1031.jpg

Bicolor:
103_1090.jpg

New Full Tank Shot:
103_1073.jpg

Last edited:
Sorry I forgot to add the new Shrums we just got also. We picked up some Metallic Blues, and some Green Striped ones. Also, on a side note the Sun Polyps seem to be doing great and are getting some new growth on it. Also the Zoas have won there battle with Nudis and are fully opened up now. Thanks for all the advice on that one guys and girls.

Blue Shurooms:
103_1029.jpg

Green Striped:
103_1030.jpg

Zoas:
103_1048-1.jpg

Sun Polyps:
103_1074.jpg

Its not that bad reef. I just worked it into my daily feeding routine. Only takes a couple of more minutes that feeding normally does.

So got some new tank pics with my new camera. I have been playing around with it and am trying to find some settings I like. I finnaly got a decent shot of the hogfish and a new FTS. Also we added a Flame Angel over the weekend, but I have to get the pics off my camera.

FTS
DSC_0047.jpg

Hogfish:
DSC_0003.jpg

Wonderful looking tank and so quickly. It takes me weeks at times just to decide where to drill a bulkhead hole. I have spent up to two years putting a tank together. Typically I work on two or three tanks at a time though. As many as the floor where I ma renting will safely hold, or that the landlord will allow. Of course a lot the time spent is planning while getting the money together to spend in spurts. Small orders cost as much for shipping as product, whereas, even Drs. Foster and Smith will cut me deals on shipping for orders over $500. You mean real LFS's sell coral that looks that nice and that large. There is -one- LFS in Fairbanks, Alaska selling coral and not even the owners display tank has coral as nice as some you have just bought. The only nice coral up here is ordered from the states, typically as pretty small frags. I know of less than 100 large mother colonies in Fairbanks. Its been that way for about five years now. The biggest mover of aquarium supplies up here now is PETCO. Course a lot of what I see looking at your tank pictures is it appears to be that you have good tastes in your purchases.

Thanks all. Yeah the Blastos did come around nice. I even have some more growth of new ones on the back. They were really cheap like $55 from the LFS now I go around and see them for like $80-$200. I believe that was one good deal I got.

Fatman: Yeah all those corals have come from my LFS. There are a couple that I frequent and they normally have a nice selection of coral. Although I have to admit that the one store does sell rather poor quality livestock. I bought a 6 Line and it died in 24 hours, also 6 snails and 6 hermits and they all died within 48 hours, and last a brain coral that lasted about 1 week. So needless to say that I do not buy livestock from there just hardware when I need it. Also I try to be very careful when buying from the stores. Trust me nothing looked like that when I bought them.

Back