Arrow Shrimp, cleaner shrimp?

jen_1122

Reefing newb
Ok, so i've noticed a few bristle worms running around my tank. It's a 14 gallon biocube, reef setup (hard coral, mushrooms, hermit, little stars, turbo snails and peppermint). I've heard arrow shrimp are good for taking on the bristles, but would he be compatible? Would the arrow outgrow my tank?
I also read about the cleaner shrimp. Are these guys good for a small reef and compatible?
Those are the only 2 i've been able to come up with so far. Any other options?

One or two cleaner shrimp would do just fine in your tank. Why do you want to get rid of the bristle worms though, they are a very good part of your CuC.

I thought I read somewhere they are bad for the tank, but it seems I have been misinformed. LOL. Anyways, can they get out of hand easily (the bristleworm)? Mabye i'll just let it be for now.

The bristleworms are fine for the tank. They can get out of hand if they have an abundance of food -- they are scavengers and will eat leftovers, or anything that is dying/decaying. If you don't overfeed your tank, they should keep themselves in check.

some bristle worm are bad some are not

Bristle worms are not bad, you are probably thinking of fire worms which are in the same class as bristle worms but, in different families.

If you do add a cleaner shrimp or peppermints, they will occasionally catch smaller bristleworms. I caught my pep doing it a couple of times.

Bristle worms are not bad, you are probably thinking of fire worms which are in the same class as bristle worms but, in different families.

If you do add a cleaner shrimp or peppermints, they will occasionally catch smaller bristleworms. I caught my pep doing it a couple of times.

that what i been talking about.... it still a bristle :3 :Cheers:

That's like saying a horse and a zebra are the same because they both beling to the same class/family/genus in their classification.

okay now your confusing me ....

what hes saying is that every living thing on the planet has a different taxonomy name. By referring to an animal by its scientific name, they will know exactly what you are referring to.

Using "Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species" as the order of do so to make things common.
for instance, a cow would be
Kingdom - Animalia
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia
Order - Artiodactyla
Family - Bovidae
Genus - Bos
Species - taurus

google taxonomy if you really want to get confused.

what hes saying is that every living thing on the planet has a different taxonomy name. By referring to an animal by its scientific name, they will know exactly what you are referring to.

Using "Kingdom, phylum, class, order, family, genus, species" as the order of do so to make things common.
for instance, a cow would be
Kingdom - Animalia
Phylum - Chordata
Class - Mammalia
Order - Artiodactyla
Family - Bovidae
Genus - Bos
Species - taurus

google taxonomy if you really want to get confused. no u

lol i get it now....

Back