as promised, some updated growth shots

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Well, I'm finally back from 11 days in Orlando. Everything not only survived vacation, but also grew! I lost a little bird's nest branch though, the glue broke and it vanished. Stupid urchin...:grumble:
Anyway, here goes:
ORA Borealis (this one is growing out instead of up)
Borealisgrowth1.jpg

ORA Joe the Coral
joecoralgrowth1.jpg

ORA Stuber Staghorn Acro (the new pic is a bad one, the new branches on the plug are over 3/8" tall)
stuberstaggrowth1.jpg

ORA Pearlberry (also more branching as well as vertical growth)
ORAPearlberrygrowth_760742.jpg

ORA Turquoise staghorn (nice coloring up)
turqstaggrowth1.jpg

Cheers!:Cheers:

Dustin, have you measured them at all? I use a little 6" plastic ruler and measure all my SPS monthly. It's interesting how some of them take off for a month, then stop growing, then others take off. Like they need a break from growing or something :)

never thought of that, but what i have read that i thought was very interesting is that if you snip a small piece of the tip off the coral will just take off growing and it will grow thicker branches

Thats some nice growth Jag.
I'll take a couple of new pics of my SPS then compare them to old pics.Cant keep a ruler around here with my kids.

Thats some nice growth Jag.
I'll take a couple of new pics of my SPS then compare them to old pics.Cant keep a ruler around here with my kids.

So Yote, you're more of a "belt" man than a "ruler" man with the kids? :mrgreen:

Back