Asterina Starfish : /

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
I've got approximately 1,236,231 of these little guys in my aquarium. That's my latest count anyway, there's probably double that now.

What do I do to get rid of them aside from manually picking them off the glass myself? I haven't noticed any damage to anything, but they're thick in the tank. Worried they're going to overrun things.

Harlequin shrimp time?

Harlequin shrimp will do it. But, once they go through them all you'll either need to rehome them or buy feeder starfish for them.

Harlequin shrimp will do it. But, once they go through them all you'll either need to rehome them or buy feeder starfish for them.

How quickly will they devour everything? It seems like it'd be a never ending feast. Gonna have to order one too, sucks nothing is local here.

Hell, just remembered. I have a snowflake eel. In the past, shrimp of any kind have been an expensive meal for him. Any suggestions?

With the snowflake your SOL. I just got a harlequin for the same reason. I've had them before. can't get rid of these damn stars.

They can definately do damage but those little bastard starfish keep coming back. If a little micro piece breaks off while you take one out of the tank another one will grow. atleast thats how it seems. If you get one try to get a real big one. I used to have one that was about 2.5". he was a monster. Now I can't find them bigger than 1".

Guess I'm gonna have to start scooping them off the glass at night. They're thick after the lights go out. Glad my wife reminded me about the eel. I bought 4 peppermint shrimp and they were all gone in about an hour. I guess we try to forget our bad experiences with the hobby.

I had an infestation of several 100's of those little PITA stars. Some got pretty large and started causing damage. I added a harley about a month ago and the population is about half of what it was. Really cool shrimp. I got a few pics and vids I can post later.

Back