Atlantic Florida Blenny?

irensing

Controversial Reefer
anyone know what kind of Blenny this is? Caught him diving on east coast of Florida. The photo and lighting isn't that great, but the back bottom half is bright red. I can take another pic if necessary.

Attachments

• blenny.jpg
    blenny.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 663
As long as the area is not protected it is legal. I have a license. Here is a link to the Florida law: Recreational Harvest of Marine Life (Aquarium) Species
Also, free harvesting a few common species a year for a personal tank is not a big deal. The problem is the morons who rape and pillage and make fake invoices for fish stores. By the way, nearly every fish in the trade is harvested from the ocean. Very few species are succesfully tank raised for trade.

How big is he? How's he doing in your tank? Hope he doesn't end up eating everything in there LOL Hope you have no plans putting him back in the ocean after being in your tank.

He's only a couple inches. He's doing very well. He scraps with my neon dottyback a little but the DB is the A-hole of my tank. I decided to take him because my coral beauty that I've had for 5 years just died.

Taking a fish out of the sea is not always a bad thing, as long as the specie is not listed as endangered or lives in a protected area. Is better to catch them when they are juveniles so they can acclimate better to the tank. Nice one by the way

Updated Photo, this fish almost looks like a hybrid, he was sifting substrate through his gills, he just pigged out on mysis

Attachments

• updated Blenny.jpg
    updated Blenny.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 452
Back