attaching corals

mm16

Reefing newb
I recieved a few corals and they were on a small disc. Do I take them off the disc or do I have to mount the disc to the rock?

Thanks

You mount the disc (frag plug) on the rock of your choice, depending on flow, size and lighting, it will depend where you put it.
Sometimes you can jam the shaft of the plug into a crevice and that will lock it in position, or you can use Loctite Super Glue Gel. Great for attaching stuff, but you have to put a lot on.

The plugs look ugly for a while, but eventually they get covered up by coralline algae or the coral itself. For the trumpet and frogspawn, you should be able to break them off (at the skeleton -- do not break off any of the flesh) and place them where you want.

I would on the mushrooms do this. Just put the plug in the rock, They will cover it when they spread and them you can always take it out and trade the plug later. The frogspwan or hammer I would put them between the rocks. Make sure they are secure and med flow and they will grow to a big colony

SRC

Back