attention octopus skimmer owners

just trying it out for a few days if no good results than i'll switch back, i already had piece drill and bigger airline i just didn't have it back far enough to impellar. Anything that might help i'll try. i won't get same results cause mine is different model.

i'm not doing mesh mod, read to many horror stories about stuff coming apart or the constant maintenance on them. I'm just messin with air and flow to find the sweet spot and leave it be until work starts picking up then i think i need to upgrade to a bigger skimmer.

i think what makes a good skimmer is the fact that you can run it stock and get good results, so far from few different place i've read review the vertex does real good for plug and play and good results with air meter. Msx do good also but everyone is modding the crap out of them to get real good results. I'm not spending a ton of money on a bubble king or ATB or kz skimmer so i'm leaning toward vertex 180 skimmer it is comparable to a euroreef skimmer except the bubble plate, one website someone switched out pump and used a euroreef pump on his vertex.

skimmer is starting to settle down and is kicking butt, now its doin better with riser tube lower since i got some more flow out of it but also got just a little bigger airline, bubbles are still real fine. Have to give it 24 hours to see how it does.

Back