Auto-top offs without a sump?

Gdbyrd

life's a beach
Starting in November I'm going to be leaving almost every weekend for 3 days. So I won't be around to top off my tank. I'm not worried about feeding them, it's just the evaporation I'm worried about.

Anyone have a recommendation for an auto top off kit for my tank? I probably lose .5-1 gallons a day.

No roommate of friends which could top it off? It's always nice to have someone check on things, just in case. There are several brands of top off systems which are good.

Wife and all local family are going with me, lol. So there's literally no one. Even my best friend and his family are going too.

Basically it's hunting season and we'll be staying about 2-3 hours away each time.

I think this is really my only option : /

I had meant that an automatic top off is my only option. There won't be anyone available at all to look at it for me.

Not really sure what I'm looking at here guys. I don't really know anything about auto top offs. If I bought one of those controllers what else would I need to buy?

I really need something that I can put in a 5gallon jug of water. I still don't have a RO system so I have to buy my water down the street.

the one controller that i linked to is used by putting the two float switches in the tank and then have a pump in a bucket of water and you plug the pump into the controller and when the water drops to the low level it turns the pump on and when the tank fill to the top sensor it turns thhe pump off

the one controller that i linked to is used by putting the two float switches in the tank and then have a pump in a bucket of water and you plug the pump into the controller and when the water drops to the low level it turns the pump on and when the tank fill to the top sensor it turns thhe pump off
OHh, OK. Thanks James. Does it come with the floats or do you purchase those too?

check out the first link i gave you it shopuld say for shure. but i think it does come with them. if you get do a lot of testing with it so that you don have a bunch of trouble when you are gone.

Back